Summary Scheme Rules
1. The Mountlucas Wind Farm Community Gain Scheme (the “Scheme”) will operate as follows:
• Bord na Móna will oversee the overall running of the Scheme
• An Awards Committee (see 2 below) will decide on funding allocations under the chairmanship of Bord na Móna
• The Scheme Administrator will carry out the routine administration of the Scheme
2. The communities of Daingean, Mountlucas and Walsh Island have, at the request of Bord na Móna, nominated two representatives each to sit on the Awards Committee for this Community Gain Scheme. These nominees are as follows:
• Doloreen Brereton
• Paul Flint
• Willie Galvin
• Derek Kellaghan
• Pat McEvoy
• Padraig McGrath
3. The Administrator will arrange an annual call for applications to benefit from the Community Gain fund; this will be made through local print media and will have a deadline date.
4. Submissions received on time will be screened by the Administrator on the basis of the qualifying categories and the qualifying criteria in the Scheme Criteria and a copy of each qualifying application will be sent to each member of the Awards Committee in advance of the Awards Committee Meeting.
5. The Awards Committee will then:
a. Consider all qualifying submissions
b. Score these submissions against the comparative criteria
c. Decide to make specific awards on the basis of the results of the scoring
d. Decide the amount of each award on the basis of a tiered and percentage approach:
• Tier 1: ≤€5,000 up to 100% grant
• Tier 2: >€5,000 ≤ €10,000 up to 90% grant
• Tier 3: > €10,000 up to 80% grant
6. All decisions of the Awards Committee are final.
7. The amount available for disbursement will be €84,000 annually, index linked.
8. Awards will initially be made in June 2014 and thereafter in April each year.
9. Unallocated funds will be carried over and added to the following year’s fund.
10. Benefiting cases will be subject to audit and receipts of expenditure will be requested.
11. Payments under Tier 2 and Tier 3 grants may be subject to additional conditions.
12. All applicants will be informed in writing of the outcome of each year’s awards process.